Tuesday, June 07, 2005

 

In India - But Leaving...

I'm in an internet cafe in the airport, almost ready to depart. It's a little sad to leave. But overwhelmingly a happy experience. I will enjoy home, my food and yes even working. It caught me by surprise as I kept noticing myself whistling as I wheeled around my baggage waiting to check in. Yes, I zoomed and played on the amazing baggage cart--like a supermarket cart but it doesn't turn on me and the bearings were great so it could glide all accross the Chennai International Terminal. It was like watching Swan Lake for the security guards as I mastered the cart. Jillian gave a try at the "ballerina toe glide."

I leave India a different person. Well, I have learned alot about myself I never knew before, so perhaps I'm the same, but I am wiser.

One thing I notice is the airport looks so modern and shiney and fresh. Well, it looks this way as I leave. But when I arrived I thought it dingy, smelly, hot, humid, incomplete, under construction, and entirely third world. Hmm. Funnny how a month in vastly unfamiliar territory will reframe our mind. Refreshing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?