Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

Am I there yet?

The trip to and from India is complete. Well, almost.

I’m actually sitting in an airport terminal in Toronto typing away in Word because:
a) I accidentally pulled out the inflatable life raft and inflated it in the plane, which incidentally led to a lengthy reprimand by airport security missing my flight
b) Germany changed times on my flight to Toronto for no reason
c) I enjoy the airport lifestyle of not showering for 36 hours, toting around kilos of luggage, and running through terminals pretending to talk on my phone shouting “hold the plane” only to disappear around a corner and repeat it.
d) I was so busy coming up with pretend reasons why I missed a flight that I actually missed one.
It’s b. The flight was delayed 45 minutes and there wasn’t enough time to: deplane, go through customs, make declarations, duly fill paperwork, pick up everything at baggage claim, change terminals, re-enter customs for the US, check in myself and my bags for the connecting flight, and re-plane in 50 minutes. Do you like how I used “duly?” That’s a word I picked up in India.

I’ll wait for an hour and then go to Chicago and hopefully Jillian and our ride Lindsay and John will be there to pick me up still!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?