Sunday, May 15, 2005

 

I want to tell a story

I want to tell a story through creating a book or DVD of our experience with the children here. Why?

One word: influence.

I believe influence occurs through two methods:

1) personal interaction

2) stories

I cannot personally interact with as many people as I wish to influence. I must learn the art of storytelling. Leadership is influence, and influence is social change, and social change (in my goals) is positive betterment for the human race.

Stories have been a tool of instruction from the beginning of time. Fables, parables, nursery rhymes, songs, dances and the like all have shaped the way millions have carried out their lives.

I love to read, and some of my deepest held beliefs and goals have come through messages an author put to paper, and made available through publishing. Dale Carnegie, Abraham Lincoln, Napoleon Hill, Robert Kiyosaki, Benjamin Franklin, Brian Tracey, Patch Adams, the authors of the Bible, the list goes on and on.

I want Americans to read the story of Art View (India) and say to themselves, “Hey, the world’s a bit different from what I thought!” and “Gee-golly, I think I’m going to care a bit more about other people.”


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?