Sunday, May 15, 2005

 

The heat is on

44 degrees Celsius = 111 degrees Fahrenheit.

The heat makes everything move slowly here. People walk slowly on the street. We have to be careful not to step on the dogs that are too hot and tired to move. They look dead. We're lethargic. Jonathan has about half the energy he normally has. He has taken up the routine of the couple we are living with- get up in the morning, eat breakfast, and then lay on the bed under the fan.

We're getting used to being sweaty and sticky. The air conditioning at the internet cafe hasn't been working. It is in a basement where there are no windows for ventilation. By the time we left yesterday, Jonathan was soaked. He was as wet as I was when the giant wave hit me.

I never thought I would enjoy cold showers, but now they have become my favorite part of the day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?