Tuesday, April 12, 2005

 

Road Trip Nation

I'm on again, off again with the whole filming a video deal. It's way too easy to make a really really bad video--so I hate to make that part of our trip, but I just met a really cool guy who did video very wel.

Brian Mcallister and the "Road Trip Nation." They traveled around after graduation and talked to lots of different people about what they found in life. People like Michael Dell, lots of CEO's and a fisherman in Maine. Madonna's fashion designer and the man who cracked the human genome too.

I'm going to India. Talking to Brian and watching their (very good) DVD has helped me to learn of more ways to "suck the marrow out of life." This is a good thing.

My goal is to travel, to experience the people. To live with a host family and to help children. I want to work with Jillian to create art with the children. I wan to publish their work in American and I want to meet software companies in India to discus how they see India changing.

I want people back at home to know what another country is like and to be inspired to do cool, fantastic, and difficult adventures.

My new ideas about my trip after taling to Brian are:
* journal lots of thoughts, experiences, etc. Starting now. (hence the blog)
* possibly do this through film. It worked for them. I'll need to get a camcorder
* I need to meet and interview people

Okay, camcorder here I come. Carl my video buddy, I'm going to use your help.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?